Radio is locked

lisalyn
08-12-2004, 03:57 PM
I just purchased a 2001 GMC Jimmy and I need to purchase an owners manual and also the Radio is locked?? any idea on how to unlock it? Does anyone know where the best place is to get a manual?

rm54
08-13-2004, 02:45 AM
The only way I know is to go to the dealer to get the radio unlocked. If you bought the vehicle from a dealer they should do it for you. If you got it from a private party ask them if they know the code. You can get owners manuals from dealers or sometimes on EBAY

dp62273
08-13-2004, 12:18 PM
my brother-inlaw just got a 99 jimmy his cd player didn't work. because of the theft system. he took it back to the dealer and they told him they couldn't do any for him. is there some way to reprogram the raido
or to change the code. or just a way to find the code?

narc-007
08-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey lisalyn; The cheapest way is to go onto Google and look it up. Mine locked up after my altenator died. I didn't want to spend a bunch to unlock it at the dealer, so I found out how to it on the net. (Kinda sucks though - that means that any crook who steals one is still getting his time and efforts worth...)

lisalyn
08-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Hey lisalyn; The cheapest way is to go onto Google and look it up. Mine locked up after my altenator died. I didn't want to spend a bunch to unlock it at the dealer, so I found out how to it on the net. (Kinda sucks though - that means that any crook who steals one is still getting his time and efforts worth...)

Thank You for your help. I actually stopped by a GMC dealer over the weekend and the guy unlocked it at no charge. Pretty Cool. There are still some nice people out there. Thanks again. Lisa

Add your comment to this topic!