Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Suburban Nav Upgrade

mattsather
08-12-2004, 11:29 AM
I am planning to upgrade my 6 in dash xm bose radio with a factory integrated navigation radio. I understand all I need to do is plug in the new unit provided I have the upgraded bose amp. How do I know if I have the upgraded amp in my suburban?

There is a package upgrade unit you can buy that sells a new wiring harness that I don't believe I need. Has anyone upgraded their 03-04 chevy to the nav system? This package deal I was referring to costs over $2,000, kinda a rip off if all I need is the nav unit and gpd antenna. Thanks for any input you might have.

Matt

rzkz8k
08-13-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm interested too for my 04 YXL with the same head unit, anyone?

Vroom2
08-16-2004, 03:31 PM
I don't have a good answer for you, but I believe you're on the right track. I recommend chatting with the folks @ www.sotelectronics.com (http://www.sotelectronics.com/). They sell the nav units and components necessary to make them work. Good luck!

Take care,
Jerry

tonytone
08-16-2004, 07:08 PM
I am planning to upgrade my 6 in dash xm bose radio with a factory integrated navigation radio. I understand all I need to do is plug in the new unit provided I have the upgraded bose amp. How do I know if I have the upgraded amp in my suburban?

There is a package upgrade unit you can buy that sells a new wiring harness that I don't believe I need. Has anyone upgraded their 03-04 chevy to the nav system? This package deal I was referring to costs over $2,000, kinda a rip off if all I need is the nav unit and gpd antenna. Thanks for any input you might have.

Matt
You may already know this but since you didn't mention it above...you will also need the 6-disc auxiliary CD changer since the factory nav unit is a single-disc slot--meaning that unless you get an external CD changer you won't be able to listen to CDs and use the nav functions at the same time...the nav info is contained on a DVD which loads into the single-disc slot on the nav head unit.

gable74
08-17-2004, 03:05 PM
look here...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28030

Then E-mail me if you have questions.

Gable74@hotmail.com

Add your comment to this topic!