help with touch up paint

08-11-2004, 08:57 PM
I bought some touch up paint today but I don't know what kind of thinner to use. Will model masters enamel thinner work??

08-11-2004, 09:05 PM
No. It is automotive lacquer. You will need to get lacquer thinner, you can find it at PepBoys or other auto parts stores.

08-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Probably lacquer

Dip a brush in the paint and try to clean it with the thiner. you will know if it's good

08-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Read the side of the bottle/can and see what type of paint it is, acrylic-urethane, acrylic-enamel, acrylic-lacquer, etc. Also what paint brand are you using? Some paints require certain thinners, like Dupont Duracryl.

Add your comment to this topic!