Page updated on 12-12-2017

no power to ignition module

sja2446
08-11-2004, 09:38 PM
93 buick lesabre not getting spark. computer, ignition module , coil packs and fuses check out ok. checked the pink wire going into the ignition module for power-none present. used a paper clip and some wire to make a jumper from battery to the module(pink wire). car started right up, thought i was gettinng closer to my problem. tried tracing pink wire-didn't get too far, think it went to the fire wall? tried the jumper trick again-this time, for some reason it didn't start. back to square one, with no spark or power from pink wire, and jumper doesn't work. need some help with this before i break down and bring it to my mechanic. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

sja2446
10-02-2004, 09:11 AM
93 buick lesabre not getting spark. computer, ignition module , coil packs and fuses check out ok. checked the pink wire going into the ignition module for power-none present. used a paper clip and some wire to make a jumper from battery to the module(pink wire). car started right up, thought i was gettinng closer to my problem. tried tracing pink wire-didn't get too far, think it went to the fire wall? tried the jumper trick again-this time, for some reason it didn't start. back to square one, with no spark or power from pink wire, and jumper doesn't work. need some help with this before i break down and bring it to my mechanic. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

FIRST OF ALL,WHEN PAPERCLIP TRICK WAS DONE THE SECOND TIME, I FRIED THE IGNITION MODULE. AS FAR AS THE PROBLEM WITH THE POWER NOT GOING TO THE IGNITION MODULE(PINK WIRE), THE FIX WAS THE IGNITION SWITCH LOCATED ON THE STEERING COLUMN UNDER THE DASH.

Add your comment to this topic!