Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Trooper (check tranny light)

kerryTrooper
08-11-2004, 06:12 PM
My "check tranny" light comes, almost every time I drive it, and when it does the tranny is switched to the winter mode, in that I only have third gear. I, simply, stop the engine then restart and everything is normal again. The fluid is topped off, but does need to be replaced. Does it just need a fluid replacement or something more? Thanks for any information you have.

StateTrooper
10-28-2004, 02:53 PM
I have same trouble. Did you get any replies?

2eyefishclaw
10-28-2004, 05:38 PM
if it is automaticaly going into winter mode on its own you may try pulling the swithch out and cleaning it I have seen spilled coke or coffee cause this to happen

kerryTrooper
10-28-2004, 05:58 PM
I don't believe it is actually going in to the winter mode. The winter mode light does not come on, and I know this light functions when I press the winter mode button. The tranny does, however, go in to 3rd gear and the check tranny light flashes. It seems to be some kind of safely feature and I believe that a sensor is causing the problem.

2eyefishclaw
10-28-2004, 08:21 PM
good chance that it is either the force motor solenoid or another shift solenoid that Isuzu referrs to as shift solenoid B

StateTrooper
10-29-2004, 06:35 PM
I have replaced my w/mode switch. I'm still having same problem. Where are the solenoids located? My Trooper is also a '92.

dirthawker
12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
same thing happend to me. turned out to be my alternator. it was going bad and wasnt giving the ecu enough amps.

StateTrooper
01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Did you ever get the problem fixed? I did. I cleaned the terminals at the connectors under the console where the winter mode switch plugs into the harness. Haven't had a problem since.

Add your comment to this topic!