1996 Bonneville Power Steering Fluid Reservoir- Where is it?

HuiLai
08-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Ok,

New guy here!

I'm asking for a friend. He can not find the power steer reservoir in his 96 bonne. He looked in the owners manual AND online, he can't find it!!! Can someone tell us where it is?

--Hui

bigboyisme
08-11-2004, 11:54 PM
If it is like mine (1995), it should be on the passenger side rear of the engine(very close to the firewall). He will have to take a flashlight from the top and look down near the alternator belt to find it between the firewall and the engine block. It is a pain to reach and fill. I use a funnel with a 10 inch extension to fill it.
I hope this helps

markwb
08-12-2004, 05:48 AM
If it is like mine (1995), it should be on the passenger side rear of the engine(very close to the firewall). He will have to take a flashlight from the top and look down near the alternator belt to find it between the firewall and the engine block. It is a pain to reach and fill. I use a funnel with a 10 inch extension to fill it.
I hope this helps

That's right, follow the accessory belt from the alternator toward the firewall, you'll find the power steering pump & reservoir. Filler cap is also the dipstick for fluid level.

HuiLai
08-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Thanks alot! I'll take a look at it later!

--Hui

Add your comment to this topic!