Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

window regulator and door skirt removal

nanotek2018
08-10-2004, 07:32 PM
HEllo Every body.. I got a 93 sc2 with manual windows. the window wont go up or down (just makes clicking noise) so when I took off the door panel, I saw the crank was indeed working. Now it would appear that the window regulator is stripped. It looks like I need to take off the outside door shirt in order to get to it. IS THIS A DIFFICULT PROCESS? I was told by the dealer that there are four rivets that mount the regulator, they also said they would need to be drilled out. CAN THE RIVETS BE INSTALLED WITH A NORMAL RIVET GUN, or is it a special saturn tool that they use to get those in there. He also told me I can use a 10mm srcew and bolt as long as they are short enough to not rub the window. if anyone knows Can you give me steps for doing this process? I already got the inside door panel off without breaking anything but I am a little nervous about the weather seals and all those plastic clips everywhere. I need help so if anyone knows how to remove those skirts or what ever other tricks I might find along the way, I could really use some advice... Thanks guys..and girls

sierrap615
08-11-2004, 01:24 AM
ask over at saturnfans.com

Add your comment to this topic!