Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1988 Chrysler New Yorker Electrical Problem

linda38
08-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I have replaced the coil, but it still has no spark at coil. Is there a fuse before the coil or a voltage regulator? 1988 New Yorker Turbo 4cylinder engine.... Any suggestions, the timing belt was changed not too long ago and the distributer turns. Just no spark...AAAARGGHHH

linda38
08-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks for all the help. Was able to pull the codes off the computer. Ended up being the Hall effect.

blueorchid73
09-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Hi there -I have a 1987 New Yorker. Out of the blue my New Yorker "POWER LOSS" light keeps coming on when I drive my car and shows the battery level of the car is low. Then the voice tells me how the electrical system is malfunctioning, prompt service is required. I just keep driving the vehicle and ignore it but then when I turn the car off, the light disappears after I restart the vehicle but soon comes back on again when I resume driving. I am afraid that if I keep driving it the car will just go kapoot on me and break down. Have you ever had similar problems and if so what did you do to fix it? PLEASE email me if you can help or offer me any suggestions right away to remedy this problem at : blueorchid73@yahoo.com

mikalik
12-19-2004, 06:05 AM
My 1987 New Yorker had this very same problem...

It turned out the bearings on my alternator were seizing and it was overheating and not spinning, so not charging the battery... the belt broke, I assume it burnt it off... so that cost me about $130 in parts... luckily my father manages a parts store :D and I was able to get my uncle to do the work as I helped and learned :)

Add your comment to this topic!