Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My First Rodeo -- Used

lovemycamaro
08-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Just bought a 93 Isuzu - very clean and running well. There was no users manual in it, and I have two questions.

1. How do you change from 2 whee high to 4 wheel high then on down to 2 wheel low then back? On the move? Full stop? How to disengage.

2. My insurance company is asking if it is an LS or S, and I don't know how to tell which it is. They looked up the vin # without learning which it is.

lovemycamaro
08-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Made a mistake in posting the original. Question 1 said was going from "4 wheel high then on down to 2 wheel low." Should have said 4 wheel high to 4 wheel low range.

95.5 Rodeo
08-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Going from 4 wheel high to 4 wheel low range (and back) you must come to a complete stop otherwise you'll do some gear grindage.

When changing from 4 wheel high (or low) to 2 wheel high, you must also shift into reverse and go slowly backwards at least 3 feet to disengage the automatic locking hubs. If you don't back up, the hubs remain engaged and the front differential and driveshaft keep spinning.

Check Ebay for an owners manual, I see them there all of the time.

I don't know the answer to the other question.

Hope this helps.

Dale

Ramblin Fever
08-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the Zuzu gang!

In regards to the LS or S, my insurance company labeled mine an LS/S don't know why exactly. However, I do have what was called as the "preferred package" for the 96-97 model years, which included automatic locks/windows, cruise control, power mirrors, A/C, upgraded stereo system, rear defrost.

Basically, I have everything except the leather interior, and upgraded OEM aluminum wheels, which would be included in the LS, from the best of my memory of earlier model years.

So, my guess is if you have leather, it's a definite LS model. If you have all of the above amenities, but no leather, it's an S with preferred package. If you have manual locks/windows, stick shift, OEM steel wheels, chances are it's a straight "S".

Although the old 91 Rodeo I had was an XS, an inbetween the S and LS, and it did not have power locks/windows. But it did have A/C, cruise control, automatic, etc.

How many miles are on your new rig?

lovemycamaro
08-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm glad to find a group of people who not only love their Isuzus but will share information! At least I won't tear up any gears going in and out of 4 wheel drive, and I won't leave the front wheels engaged. I've got to admit that I'm still confused about the LS/S status. I have the aluminum wheels and automatic hubs but absolutely none of the other goodies.

Mine has 130K miles; I know that's a lot. I knew the guy who had it before me, and it was very well maintained and not taken off road. It is clean, and runs very well. I'm hoping to get something like 200K out of it with preventive maintenance and prompt repairs.

surferfletch
08-11-2004, 05:48 PM
'97 LS = A/C, power windows/locks, alloy wheels, two tone paint with chrome bumpers and fender trim, cruise, 12 CD changer, but I have cloth. 133K so far. Hope we both get over 200K! Good luck!

Ramblin Fever
08-12-2004, 03:56 PM
I must have the odd-ball 97 Rodeo then; because I have all loaded/auto goodies, but I do not have aluminum wheels, leather, or steel-painted bumper.

I have black bumpers, oem steel wheels 16", cloth, but otherwise fully loaded and auto.

Add your comment to this topic!