Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Ecotec Cavalier VS 2000 Civic SI

mayer
08-10-2004, 04:34 PM
i currently own an Ecotec cavalier, and i used to be very happy with it. its a 2003 2door coupe black with a 5spd. i think i have good things in it, a razzi body kit, enkei RS6 rims and nitto neo gen tires with dual catback exhaust, it looks good and very clean, i stayed away from big spoilers and stickers because i usually dont like cavaliers that try to look very fast and furious like. i have raced 2000 civic si´s many time, lost some and won some, non of then heavily modded and mine neither. when i lose i usually get a better launch and then get passed in third gear. a friend of mine has one and i used to beat him all the time but now he has a header and cold air and he flies by me in third. i really liked the way his car responded to mods, and made me think of trade mine for one of those. i really want to have a tuning car and i think that one is much better for that purpose, besides there are not many other options since a live in mexico and usually the import makes dosent send the hot cars here, just the normal ones. we only have a lot civics Si 2000, the lancer evo VIII and nissan 350Z, and Sentra SE-R. we do have a lot of european tuning, alot of jettas, golfs, beetles, seats, and audis with the 1.8t engine which has plenty of potential i think. but i dont really have alot of money now, so i could change my car for a used civic si, that will not cost me, i found one in great conditions with only 16,000miles on it. the only down side is that i am trading a 2003 for a 2000 model. the advantage is that they sell much more parts for a civic si and more from where to choose, parts for the ecotec i only know pacesetter, rsm, rksport, gm goodwrench, the only good ones are AEM, dc sports, and hahns, the turbo kit, but they are very expensive because they have very low demand. so bottom line is, should i change my 2003 cavalier for a 2000 civic si???
i know the ecotec does have potential but i dont think it has more than the B16
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/538312

MexSiR
08-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Que onda wey, yo soy de Mexico y tengo un Civic SiR, y si me plancho a los Astra 2.2 litros, Cavaliers y Sunfires. Tienen mejor jale en primera los Cavaliers Ecotec, pero ya cuando esta encabronado el Civic en Vtec ya valio madre la carrera. Ten en mente que las maquinas gringas como las del cavalier, tienen un "engineering" super culero comparado con los japoneses, tu has de andar aventando 60-65 caballos por litro, el SiR avienta 100 caballos por litro.

Yo te recomiendo el civic SiR, y si quieres te vendo el mio...ahi esta en las pictures.

Chido carnal.

Add your comment to this topic!