Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front Clip

JesusGLS
08-08-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm thinking of buying an RX-7 front clip that is going to be imported from Japan. Does anyone know if the engine is just going to be a direct bolt on. What problems am I going to face.

D3rELiC
08-08-2004, 12:32 PM
you should tell us what frontclip you are getting, and in what car you want to put the engine in. it would help a bit if you want answers about fitting issues..

JesusGLS
08-08-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm getting a Mazda RX7 Efini FD3S 13B-REW front clip and want to put it into a 3rd gen chassis. And also what has to be change to make it a right hand drive?

D3rELiC
08-08-2004, 08:22 PM
there you go, he's taking off..

nice project, good luck

Soyo
08-09-2004, 02:23 AM
right hand drive sucks :)

D3rELiC
08-09-2004, 12:26 PM
sucks to drive a right hand drive in a left hand drive world, how the fuck you gonna pay the mecdo when you'll be alone in the car service, your gonna be harrassed by cops
and you'll have to swap pedals, dash, ECU, dirrection lines, you gonna have to grind, and to weld and finaly your gonna have clearance issues with a big single turbo.
you aint gonna be able to clearly see whats comin' in the opposite lane on a small campaign road while following a slow ass old guy in his plymouth Aries K, you'll be risking your life and the one of your occupant just because u thought its cool to drive RHD.

the only reason i'd drive rhd would be to drive a car on a racetrack.

Soyo
08-09-2004, 12:53 PM
good post

JesusGLS
08-09-2004, 01:05 PM
About the cops thing it ain't even a big problem, since I can have that taken care of. All I need to know is if the engine is a direct bolt on. I had some problems with my old 7 and got the whole front of the car on fire. Thats the reason why im getting a front clip. I have to replace the entire front of the car, and there selling me a front clip thats going to be imported from japan. Thats why I want to make it right hand drive. Just because i'm getting the whole front clip and I really don't want to spend more money on the dash board and all those other stuff that I need to replace. I'm not trying to be COOL i'm just trying to earn some money.

Turbo II-FB
11-13-2004, 02:20 PM
were are you getting the clip from?

D3rELiC
11-14-2004, 11:02 PM
you cant just cut the front clip of your car and weld another to the rest of the structure, you'll have very weak spots on the chassis and this will make your car very dangerous for you, for the ppl with you in the car, and for the rest of world circulating with you on the road. i hope this is not your original idea
and the engine will be a direct bolt on, but you'll have to transfer everything from right to left, therefore, drilling, welding and fitting stuff from your firewall. you'll have to mess with direction line and with the subframe, if you dont even know whats involved in swapping a damn whole engine bay from a rdh frontclip to an american car, how the fuck will you get thru such swap, where you'll requier more than basic mecanical/electrical knowledge to turn the whole fucking engine bay upside down

Add your comment to this topic!