Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

DC collector

BlazSean
08-08-2004, 11:03 AM
My friend has a prelude and modified his DC sports collector to 2.25" and put a 2.25" test pipe on his car to have his whole exhaust system 2.25" from the header back, I want to do that to my car but im wondering if i should do the collector since mine is only about 4 or 5" long. So should i get a 2.25" test and modify my collector to 2.25" even though it is so short, or should i just get the 2.25" test pipe. thanks in advanced

BlazSean
08-08-2004, 06:48 PM
has anyone done this

superbluecivicsi
08-09-2004, 01:55 AM
1. Cut the collector off and weld on a new collector (Go chop off one of your friends). then go get a cat with the same size.

2. Stay with the DC collector, get a 2.25 cat, get a 2-2.25 flange adapter, take it to the muffler shop, and have them weld it together. No chopped off DC collector.

3. Rule of thumb when buying a header and cat................Just buy the the right connecting sizes in the first place. Saves alot of trouble later.

If it was me. Id forget about the collector size for the DC and focus on the cat. A test pipe or hi flo cat will always be more free flowing than a stock one. Besides, the DC 4-1 I had was the only header I had that passed smog.

Did you want to buy a B series header with a 2.25 collector? I have a kamikaze 2 piece 4-1 if your interested. PM is the key.

BlazSean
08-09-2004, 07:00 AM
how big is the DC collector in diameter? Im not really looking for another header i'll keep the DC thanks though

Add your comment to this topic!