Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New 95' Rodeo Owner

Bwzl
08-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone! I just bought a 95' rodeo used w/ 122K on the engine. I was wondering what some of you experts out there would advise as far as stuff to replace immediately and what not. I'm already replacing the fluids for the transmission, differentials, and transfer case, as well as all the timing & alternator belts. Anyone have other recommendations or advice for a new rodeo owner?

Thanx!

ibew595
08-08-2004, 12:52 AM
The O2 sensor which is supposed to be replaced every 100k mine lasted about <115k
94 V6 bought new.

2eyefishclaw
08-08-2004, 08:40 PM
I would not worry about the O2 sensor unless you r having isuues with it its not like a tire thats low on air , it either works or it dont. One of the most neglected items are the front wheel bearings when you remove the front wheels to inspect the brakes , repack the bearings, it would also be a good time to replace the thermostat, lube door hinges, lubricate hood hinges, lube lock cylinders (graphite) for lcok cylinders, you may also want to check you r air filter and replace the fuel filter

95.5 Rodeo
08-09-2004, 01:56 AM
I should repack the front wheel bearings on my 4x4 Rodeo. I'm not sure if this service has ever been done. The car has 132K miles on it. I know there is a little play in the bearing, when I jack up the car and move the tire, I can feel it.

Is there a special socket needed to do this?

Dale

2eyefishclaw
08-09-2004, 08:44 PM
no special socket needed hardest thing to remove is the stupid little snap ring I usually use a straight pick and a small screwdriver

Add your comment to this topic!