Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to remove rocker over on Peugeot 306 - (1995) please

alanyaber
08-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi

There is a bit of leak around the rubber seal area of the rocker cover. Is replacing it a simple process? I tried to unscrew the two bolts at the top but the cover wouldn't come off. Can someone please advice me, step by step on removing the rocker cover

Thanks

nialusa
08-25-2004, 03:11 AM
I have never personally removed a rocker cover from a 306, but i`m guessing that its a similar process on most every car, First off, remove any pipes from your rocker cover ie, oil vent pipe if there is one, then romove the retaining bolts for the rocker cover, if i remember correctly there are two possibley three bolts holding it on, undo these and store somewhere safe, remembering which bolt comes from which hole. If it is an oldish car and the rocker cover has not been removed before it will require some brute force to remove it, I do it by levering it off with a screwdriver, you have to be very careful doing this as not scratch the engine block faces or bend the rocker cover, so work your way round and kinda twist the screwdriver between the engine block and the rocker cover, this should seperate the two bits, (you must ensure that all retaining bolts are removed) now comes the boring bit, you have to remove all signs of the old gasket (from both the rocker cover & The engine block) before installing the new one, Take your time doing this and the job will go better, unfortunately there is no quick way of doing this unless anyone else has some ideas, Next coat one side of the new gasket with gasket sealant, (dont use the gel stuf in the blue packets as its terrible and is good for nothing, the red paste stuff is the best.)and place into the rocker cover. Next cot the other side of the gasket and carefully replace the rocker cover onto the engine and do up the bolts to the required tension, and away you go, hopefully leak free. Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!