Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Change dash light color?

nono_jl
08-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Hey, i just got an awesome Panasonic cd player but
the brite blue display doesnt go to well with the dull
orange of the dash, anyone know if there is a kit..or where
i should go to find different color leds possible blue ones for
the whole dash??

dspain01
08-20-2004, 11:04 PM
To change the color you first must remove the left side of your dash with the, I beleive five screws on the dash itself, you can search for tacoma dash removal and probably get some good instructions. Then you will need to remove the cluster-- four more screws, it is all one big piece. This will give you access to the back. Easy from there, just pop out the old ones by unscrewing the four holders, and pop in the new colored bulbs 194 to all four slots.

This process becomes easy, as i have changed the color a couple of times... i am now at hyper white, which turns out kind of nice.

http://superlumination.com/

get any bulb you want here... i prefer the LED... less power, more light

heavydc2
08-21-2004, 01:33 PM
What other colors did you try? About how much time does it take to do the whole job? From the way you explained it sounds pretty easy. I would love to do it also, but I never really tried to find out how.

dspain01
09-25-2004, 01:35 AM
Tried Red... and Blue... the stock color green just didn't look right...

I wanted something bright. And once you take the dash apart the first time... the next time after that is a piece of cake... you learn from your mistakes I guess.

Just make sure you want to change the A/C control lights also... There is 2 behind that plastic panel that just pulls off with a flat blade screwdriver. Size 74 bulbs I beleive. Along with the glove compartment (same size)

You want it all to match, or it just doesn't look right.

lifetrddeath
09-26-2004, 07:09 PM
As far as time goes, your first time will be a pain the @ss. I've taken mine apart to change to platinum faces as well as a hyper white bulb color. But after the first time it becomes increasingly easier.

There are a few screws that need to come out, then to actually get in there you'l need to take out your center dash where your cd player goes. Behind the a/c faces are two screws that need to come out to pull back the center piece of the dash, which gives you full reign to getting at your gauges and behind.

Add your comment to this topic!