Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A true no-start mystery...

mrcoffee
08-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Give this one a try...it has baffled many:

I have a '94 S-10 Blazer. Recently, it has been giving me problems starting. In the mornings or after long periods of time of not being on, the engine starts normally. Even after I start the engine, drive it around and get it nice and hot, I can shut it off and start it again with no problem (up to even an hour afterward, there's no problem).

However, from about an hour and a half to about six hours later, she'll crank fine but won't turn over. On the third try, she may start to turn over, shudder a bit, and then either start or die (giving it some gas helps the engine to pull out of the shudder).

A mechanic told me it may have been my Idle Air Control (IAC), so I got a brand new one installed...but no improvement. Is there a brave soul out there with the answer?

BlazerLT
08-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Your CPI injector has blown it's regulator.

Time for a replacement.

mrcoffee
10-31-2004, 01:25 AM
BlazerLT - you were right on the money on this one. I took it to a mechanic and said the regulator was bad and needed replacing. After several hundreds of dollars later (sadly), it's been replaced and the car runs nice and smooth. Good job.

BlazerLT
10-31-2004, 07:59 AM
Glad to help.

Next time bro, let's do this on your own.

You learn and you save lots of money doing it yourself.

Add your comment to this topic!