Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

d15 vs d16 turbo

ghostice
08-05-2004, 06:26 PM
I plan on buying a d15 vtec or a d16 zc engine and can i use a t3 turbo fine for everyday driving and was the best setup? thanks

itechengineers
08-08-2004, 03:32 PM
I know someone with a d16z6 on a t3/to4 (whatever) and its a daily driver. He's running all stock internals (for the most part) and you can do it as a daily driver, just dont beat on it all the time. he really never drives it hard and the power he gets out of it is sufficient for the area he lives in ----> he paratically smokes a lot of people out here. there's only so much you can do with stock internals. For me, i'd get the zc motor and build/boost that. at the moment I have a sohc and thinking about building/boosting that because there are not to many motors out here in my area for the prices they should be sold at (everyone charges, or tires to).

WhiteLine Civic
08-08-2004, 08:51 PM
If you want to stick with a single cam go with a D16. get the motor and bring it to a machine shop, have them bore it resleve it, get low comp pistons, rings and rods. if you build the block you won't have to worry about it as much. get some type of piggy back like an E-manage. a t3/t4 is the best turbo you can get. If you need any parts or help with any thing check out WWW.WHITELINEPERFORMANCE.COM

Add your comment to this topic!