Programming Remote

97jimmy97
08-05-2004, 05:58 PM
I Have A 97 Gmc Jimmy. I Bought A Remote Off E-bay With The Same Fcc Code And Was Wondering How To Program It. I Tried The On\off Method With The Ignition While Holding Down The Lock Button On The Door, But Cannot Get The Locks To Cycle (putting It In Program Mode). Is There Another Method I Should Be Using For This Vehicle? Any Help You Can Give
Would Be Much Appreciated.

draasch
08-11-2004, 08:14 AM
look under the dash for the data plug, remove the two screws and drop the plug done...look on the plug for the numbers....you need to take a jumper wire from pins 4 and 8 and jump them together. when you do that, the door locks will respond by locking and the rear window will pop open....at that time, press both the lock and unlock buttons on a transmitter....the locks will respond...then do the second transmitter the same way.......when your done remove the jumper and test the transmitter....that should do it for ya!

bearcatdon
08-17-2004, 09:35 PM
I've tried jumping the A ground and G fuel pump (according to haynes) terminals and can't get my 94 Jimmy in program mode. I've tried this with the door open and while pushing the door switch. The ignition on/off method while holding the lock didn't work either. Am I missing something?

thanks,

Don

Add your comment to this topic!