It's new to me....

broughy84
08-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Can someone get me a wiring and vacuum diagram for my 1985 GMC Jimmy 2wd. Carburated 2.8L V-6. BTW, will a carburator off a 1985 Chevy Celebrity work for this. It has this carb on it and it seems to work, but i know it is not the right one. I got this and it needs a lot of work, I cant find the hook up for the oil sending unit so i don't know if it has any oil pressure. and it only runs on 5 cylinders, but it needs plugs and wires bad. Do you think i got a good deal on it? I paid $200...BTW it has 107000 miles on it....body is in perfect shape.

broughy84
08-09-2004, 10:46 PM
bump, can i get away with putting undersized bearings on the crank? It just started knocking tonight on the way home from the garage where it was stored.

Teaman3
08-31-2004, 04:32 AM
Might be why the oil pressure sender was disconnected: engine's shot. Pressure sender is on the oil filter mount. The wiring loom should be nearby, unless it's been cut off.

You'd better take the vehicle to a garage and have the engine inspected. If the mains have gone, other rotating components will not be far behind, because there'll be insufficient oil pressure to keep them properly lubricated. Nor do you know how long it's been in this condition.

It'll probably be cheaper to buy a second hand engine from a scrapyard, and fit it than rebuild your existing engine.

For $200 you can't expect much at all. Caveat emptor chap. Buyer beware.

Add your comment to this topic!