Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cd Player Install Help!!!

Tyount06
08-05-2004, 04:30 PM
I recently bought a 92 Nissan Pathfinder and there was only one thing wrong with it, the stereo was broken into. So i was going to replace the stereo with the one i already had i went out and bought a wiring harness and i know i got the colors matched up right and everything but i get absolutely no power at all. what could this possibly be? i know the cd player works fine. please help me!

thundrks
08-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Test all the wires on the car saide of the harness for 12v constant, and ingnition, then take a look at the black(ground) wire that comes out of the radio, it should then be attached to the black wire on the car harness, look at the back of the car harness (factory harness inside the car) and see if that hole actually has a wire in it that goes to the car...the reason I'm telling you this is because most Nissans DO NOT HAVE A GROUND WIRE IN THE FACTORY HARNESS, the factory radio is grounded by the metal brackets attached to the chassis. IF THERE IS NO GROUND WIRE, unattach the radio ground and manually ground it to some metal in your dash (best place is where the factory radio was screwed in on the sides. ) ALSO, you should check your fuse box in the vehicle and you may also have one under the hood...
let me know what happens
Hope this helps,
-MaRcY

Tyount06
08-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Well, the ground wire is hooked up to the car side harness, it has one. Everything is matched up nothing is missing at all thats what i dont get, is there any way i can test those wires all out and how and also how to check fuses to know if there blown im not a car expert or anything but i know how to hook up a cd player and it really is pissing me off that im getting no power to it even though everything is hooked up the way it should be

Tyount06
08-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Oh yea and I almost forgot, this might help out a bit also. There might actually be a blown fuse or something somewhere because the clock on my dash doesnt work and neither does the dome lamp in my car. Also the power to my passenger windows front and back dont work either. I dont know if this is just a fuse or couple fuses or what but it really needs to be delt with asap. thank you for the help if possible.

thundrks
08-06-2004, 07:02 PM
To check a fuse first find your fuse box, there will be one inside the car usually somewhere on the drivers side of the car, Good places to look are under and beside the steering wheel, sometimes between the door jam and steering wheel and sometimes in or around the glove box. pull each fuse (during the day or with a good flashlight) (to pull a fuse use your fingers, or sometimes the fuse box will have it's own little plastic fuse puller or you can pick one up at any auto parts store...I use needle nose pliars but I know what I'm doing and make sure I don't bridge the fuses with the metal)and visually inspect each one....there will be a thin wire going across the fuse inside the middle of the colored area, sometimes it's straight, sometimes curvey or zig zagged, IF THIS WIRE IS NOT FULLY IN TACT FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER the fuse is bown IF THERE IS NO WIRE the fuse is blown, IF THERE APPEARS TO BE A BURNT LOOKING AREA the fuse may be blown, replace it to be sure, repalce all blown fuses with the same amp fuses as recommended by the factory, you can tell waht the factory recommends by either the cover over the fuse box which usually has the fuses listed and what they are or the owners manual.
Hope you solve this problem, keep me updated,
-MaRcY

Tyount06
08-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Well I havent tried this yet...But, do you think this is probobly my problem, I havent got around to doing this yet but I think im going to do it this weekend. Does this sound like what is probobly wrong though?

thundrks
08-07-2004, 02:51 PM
That would be my best guess, it's also the very first step in solving a problem like this one because it's the easiest. When you told me about the clock I kind of figured that was it...hope it goes well for you
-MaRcy

Tyount06
08-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, I replaced the fuses needed to be replaced and the good part is, it fixed my clock and head dome lamp. Bad part is, my passenger windows still are messed up wont roll up or down and the cd player still no power.

Tyount06
08-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, I replaced the fuses needed to be replaced and the good part is, it fixed my clock and head dome lamp. Bad part is, my passenger windows still are messed up wont roll up or down and the cd player still no power.

Navy I.C.
08-08-2004, 08:31 PM
keep checking, you may have another fuse box. check all your fuses, incuding the one inline with your cd power wire

Tyount06
08-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Im not to sure where the other fuse boxes are, the only one i could fine is the one right next to my steering column, and there wasnt a whole bunch of usefull stuff inthere reeally.

Navy I.C.
08-08-2004, 08:43 PM
what about the one connected to your cd players' power wire?

Tyount06
08-09-2004, 03:16 PM
not to sure where that is looked around and could not find it

thundrks
08-09-2004, 06:32 PM
there may be a fuse box under your hood, also check the fuse on the back of the radio itself
-marcy

Tyount06
08-09-2004, 11:01 PM
i checked the fuse on the back of the cd player its fine. i looked under the hook and could not find a fuse box at all.

thundrks
08-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Okay, next step is to get a multimeter and check to make sure that the radio is getting 12v constant power, and ingnition, (yellow & red wires) from the car.

Add your comment to this topic!