Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A/C and Cruise control

SHUSHU
08-04-2004, 09:40 PM
I have a '96 RAM 1500, w/318. With the A/C blowing, When I accelerate, the dash vents quit blowing. When I let off the gas, they come back on. Also, my cruise control will notengage/work. I replaced the check valve to no avail. I've been told that the problem is related to both the A/C and Cruiw control. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Thanks, Frank

dirty dan
08-05-2004, 12:07 PM
You've got a vacuum leak. It's a real pain, but you're going to have to track down your vacumm lines and check them all. It's easiest to start at the vent controller and work your way back.

LTJGWorth
08-05-2004, 04:27 PM
The most likely problem is in addition to the vacuum lines. You won't be able to find the stock one's unless you really feel like looking long and hard for them. Go to someplace like Autozone and buy the small rubber hose and you can use it with your old one and make it work. Also, there is a cruise control servo underneath your battery that is prone to having battery acid spilled on it and eating it away. Trust me, I know because I replace my vacuum lines and thought that would fix it but it didn't. I ended up having to replace that servo because of a large hole that had been eaten through by the acid. The part is about 30-40 bucks from a mopar dealer. Sometimes you can get one from ebaymotors (where I got mine for $13.50). You won't be able to find it at Autozone or Advance or any place like that.

duke0090
08-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi SHUSHU I have the same exact problem you have. If you find a leak or have allready fixed the problem please reply back. Im fixing to work on mine right now and see where I can get. Thanks and keep me posted

LTJGWorth
08-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Did I mention I have pictures of the part? I have pictures of my old one with the hole in it and I can take pictures of my new one and the location of it in the truck.

mikeinsurprise
09-07-2004, 07:38 PM
I am having the same problem with my 2001 Ram 1500. I will try to find the vacuum leak. If anyone else has found the same problem could you let me know so I know what vacuum lines to look at first.

BleedDodge
09-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Check all of the vacuum lines, it's the only way.

TurboSW
09-07-2004, 08:05 PM
Yes I had the same problem with my 96 and these guys helped me out. There'a another thread with all the info you need. Just look through the 1st couple of pages here.

LTJGWorth
09-08-2004, 04:49 PM
It's always the one vacuume line and cruise servo. So far, everyone I have talked to has said thats what it is. So far is has never been anything electrical.

pissedriteoff
04-28-2005, 09:02 PM
The Fix Is The Vacuum Line Going To The Gizmo Under The Battery...i Had No Cruise Or Air Until I Found What I Read Here, A Broken Vacuum Line...added Some Line And Sure Enuf The Problems Are Fixed...thanx Guys

troy1
04-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Does any one know if this holds true on a 95 dakota 4x4 V8 mine does this also every now and then.

Add your comment to this topic!