Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

supercharger ?

panelbeater
08-04-2004, 08:28 PM
i was wondering if anyone has installed a paxton or vortec supercharger for use with a presurised carburator box. my question has to do with the fuel management system. what is involved? do you have to go with an elec. fuel pump? ect. thanks any help would be appreciated

PWMAN
08-07-2004, 11:59 AM
I have read up a whole lot about it, but never done it. From what I understand you run a vacuum line to the fuel pump, so it up's the PSI of the fuel to give more fuel per PSI of boost. The carb has to be jetted just right, and there are some other things in the carb that needs changed so it can handle boost.
I'd look into www.procharger.com they have the best and most integrated carbed kits out there right now. Order one of their catalogs, you will get tons of info. If you are lookinh for a small block chevy kit they have everything you need! Plus they have the fuel pumps and carbs all set up and ready to go, or they have kits so you can mod your existing pump and carb.

panelbeater
08-07-2004, 07:00 PM
thanks i will check it out

PWMAN
08-07-2004, 07:49 PM
I was looking into some carbed small block Chrysler stuff, but found it was quite expensive. small block chevy stuff is SOOO cheap :banghead:
So I decided to build a 408 stroker instead! LOL :iceslolan

So what are you looking to put the SC on? SBC?

panelbeater
08-12-2004, 08:17 PM
I've been building an 85 monte carlo ss for the last two years and am almost done. I put a gm 330 horse 350 crate motor in it. i get bored with cars easily so i have to keep thinking ahead to what i'm going to do next. the car is fast now but you always want more. :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!