Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Stuttering

Razmatazz
08-04-2004, 02:59 PM
I just got a 2002 engine put in my 2001 Rodeo...one of the fasteners was faulty and just fell apart..anway I have had the thing back since late Monday evening, and it keeps stuttering, I have tried to call the guy but he has not been in the garage since then, so I am ready to just blow up on him...would someone give me suggestions about what the problem could be so when I go and yell at him I sound like I know what I am talking about.
Thanks!

amigo-2k
08-04-2004, 03:55 PM
It could be a bunch of thing. I would suggest he hook up his SCAN tool and see what he comes up with. It could be a bad intake manifold gasket (which is very common) that is causing the miss-fire. Or you could of got some junk in the fuel line and you need to replace the fuel filter and add a couple of bottles of injector cleaner. Or it could be that one of your coil packs is not hooked up or one is bad (highly unlikely). Don’t freak out on the guy, tell him what you know, and ask for their opinion.

-Ryan

amigo-2k
08-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Are you the first owner of the 2001? If so the warranty will cover it for 120k

If you are the second owner Isuzu will cover it for 60k.

I realize it is to late now since you took it elseware.

-Ryan

95.5 Rodeo
08-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Has it been running badly for as long as you've had it back from the repair shop?

I wonder if they installed the computer from the 2002 into your (2001) Rodeo.

There could be calibration or wiring differences between the two engines causing the problem.

Just a guess on my part.

Dale

Razmatazz
08-05-2004, 08:38 AM
No, I am the second owner..and that really sucks because I only had 52K miles on the engine.

Razmatazz
08-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Yes, it has been running terrible since the minute I got it back. I am going to try and get a hold of him again today...I am just going to hate not having a vehicle again, for gods sakes it took him 2 weeks to put the engine in to begin with....Gotta get it taken care of though

Add your comment to this topic!