Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

High Flow Cat really Help ?

AcuraLS00
08-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Hey, Forum ! :smile:

I'm getting DC headers and an new exhaust for my 00 integra. Anyone know if a high flow cat convertor will help out with anything like performance or horse power. I figure if im going to be installing all that stuff i might as well do everything at once.

Also if i have a cold air intake, dc header, and exhaust will chipping my car make a difference or are chips manily for turbos and superchargers? I met a guy from hondata who gave me his card, he told me that they can set-up a chip for the mods i have or will add. I dont know if turbo is in my future because of the cost, and i'm sceptical about chipping my car with only airflow mods and no engine work. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks. :lol2:

andera
08-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Hey, Forum ! :smile:

I'm getting DC headers and an new exhaust for my 00 integra. Anyone know if a high flow cat convertor will help out with anything like performance or horse power. I figure if im going to be installing all that stuff i might as well do everything at once.

Also if i have a cold air intake, dc header, and exhaust will chipping my car make a difference or are chips manily for turbos and superchargers? I met a guy from hondata who gave me his card, he told me that they can set-up a chip for the mods i have or will add. I dont know if turbo is in my future because of the cost, and i'm sceptical about chipping my car with only airflow mods and no engine work. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks. :lol2:

lol

AcuraLS00
08-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Andera, Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum and wonderful insight. geez...

b18 ls
08-03-2004, 10:45 PM
To be honest, I can't answer any of your q's, but I will say Andera's reply is the funniest thing I've seen tonight. Andera, thank you, I needed that.

PS the high flow cat should restrict less air flow. Sorry I couldn't help more. I also have a 00 LS.

charlieteg
08-03-2004, 11:14 PM
nice welcome huh?
i would say go for it with the high flow cat... my buddy has one and is very happy although it has a little rattle...
do it all at once it will be much easier... that was what i should have done, i did my exhaust and nothing yet, i am going to get dc headers also and a high flow cat soon...
what type of exhaust are you thinkiing?
i have the greddy evo2 and i am very happy with it

charlie

charlieteg
08-03-2004, 11:15 PM
plus you can find high flow cats for a good price

sameintheend01
08-03-2004, 11:39 PM
don't bother chipping. hondata is expensive. you want 5 hp for $200+? try something else.

integralover
08-04-2004, 02:38 AM
i've got my high flow cat on and it has not disappinted me at all. found mine on ebay for $35. i seem to get alittle bit of back pressure though and what sounds like a backfire every now and then but that is normal. and i also have alittle bit of rattling. i'd say go for it.

andera
08-04-2004, 03:05 PM
don't bother chipping. hondata is expensive. you want 5 hp for $200+? try something else.

haha 5hp peak........... dude buy skunk2 power chip yo! boi its killer let ur revvvvvvvvvv the f00k out of j00 engine. you can reve up to 9,000rpm and make wicked mad power boi. |-|o|\|)@ reliability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

andera
08-04-2004, 03:07 PM
i've got my high flow cat on and it has not disappinted me at all. found mine on ebay for $35.

you didnt get a hi-flow cat man, you got a resonator.

i seem to get alittle bit of back pressure though and what sounds like a backfire every now and then but that is normal. and i also have alittle bit of rattling. i'd say go for it.

lol.......... good job. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif

00tegra
08-06-2004, 10:51 PM
i have an aem cai, dc headers and a catback exhaust also. as well as pullys, but i also wondered about getting a free flowing cat, but decided that they were too expensive. but i'm happy with the results. :evillol:

Rating
08-07-2004, 07:27 PM
^^
I once had an OBX Highflow Cat. Yes it has less restriction for airflow, but it take the converter out.
Which means you prolly wont pass an emitions test.
If your not worried about that, then your best bet would be to go with straight through piping, or better just gut your converter for no restriction.

Also about the mod chip... It doesnt matter if your turbo'd yet or not, just make sure your getting the right mod chips.

SiGNAL748
08-08-2004, 12:35 AM
If you're considering a high flow cat, I say you might as well go with a test pipe.

integralover
08-08-2004, 10:21 AM
you didnt get a hi-flow cat man, you got a resonator.

do you have any clue what i have on my car? NO.

Add your comment to this topic!