Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 bonneville surges right after startup

jamelvin
08-03-2004, 10:16 AM
The surging occurs after the car has been initially started and driven a short distance (approximately a half block). This kind of feels like it is slipping in to passing gear. The surge is only for a brief instance and does not occur when the car has warmed up. Any and all help is very much appreciated. thanks.

fjmcfall
08-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Does it actually downshift? What speed does it happen? Have you ever had the transmission serviced (pan dropped, filter & fluid changed)?

jamelvin
08-05-2004, 08:11 AM
It has been serviced a few months ago. I don't think it is downshifting but am not sure (I have only been in the car once when the problem has occurred). It is in the shop now and my mechanic can't find the problem. It is happening around 3000 rpms. After about five minutes that problems quits (and he has to wait another hour or two to see if anything he does get the problem to quit). Thanks for any help or ideas.

fjmcfall
08-05-2004, 08:29 AM
If they can't figure it out ask them if they have a "flight recorder".. It plugs into the diagnostic port and allows you to press a button to take a snapshot of the ECM data of on board computer at the time of the problem. Helped me solve an intermitten problem.

Add your comment to this topic!