Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

problem with 94' ssei SUPERCHARGER?

nomiezvr4
08-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Ok i tried to serach for the same symptoms i am having in my 94 bonneville ssei supercharged but could not find anything so decided to post. well when im driving the boost gauge barely goes past 0 lbs..sometimes it goes past it and the service engine light sometimes comes on. when i bought the car about a week ago the guy told me it has been like that about a year or so. at first i thought it could be the fluid change but than since it has been like this for a year wouldnt the supercharger be toast? any ideas on where i should start to see what tha problem is?
thanks

nomiezvr4
08-03-2004, 01:10 PM
i put some supercharger fluid in and didntmake a difference so im pretty sure the supercharger is gone.....i guess im going to do a compression test and see if it is worth puttin g anew charger in

DrJay
08-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Not the supercharger, check your Boost control valve. Here's a few pics and what you should try doing:

http://www.mccgp.com/upgrades/boostbypassvalve/boost_bypass.php

Also before bothering with this look at the shaft comming from the bottom of the valve, it should rest flat on the screw on the supercharger. If not, try this adjustment and if it still doesn't work you need a new Boost Control Valve.

Add your comment to this topic!