Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 t bird.. remote start install

tabuki
07-31-2004, 01:04 PM
this is the same one i saw at a dealer down the street. . i wanna know if it is worth trying to install myself

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=837909#

i have had no previous install experience, but i am good with automotive enginering and pretty good with installing.. and yes i already know that the suggestion will be to get it done by a dealer, but i i had a guide i am confident i could do it by myself.

caddy111
08-01-2004, 04:09 PM
96 bird also, just wondering how it came out

Mike75
08-02-2004, 02:26 AM
The page won't load for me. What kind is it? If it is the Vampire/Commando remote start/alarm/keyless enty, then I say go for it. I bought one of those on EBay one time while I was in the military and had money to burn, and it was unbelievable. They are very cheap, but it is a great product. Don't count on customer support too much, tho, and installation is a bitch! I paid a guy $50 to ensure that it was properly done, and man did that thing rule. I'm not sure if this is the one that you are speaking of, but if any of you have ever considered getting the vampire/commando remote start/alarm/keyless entry, but were discouraged by the unusual low price, trust me - try it out, but pay a pro to do it for you. The instructions suck and there are a million typos, but a pro can do it and usually will if you offer him some cash to do it on his (or her) free time. Good luck man.

ponchonutty
08-08-2004, 10:41 AM
this is the same one i saw at a dealer down the street. . i wanna know if it is worth trying to install myself

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=837909#

i have had no previous install experience, but i am good with automotive enginering and pretty good with installing.. and yes i already know that the suggestion will be to get it done by a dealer, but i i had a guide i am confident i could do it by myself.
They are terrible. You should save yoruself aggrivation and pay for a nice one. DEI is the best out there but you have to pay $$ to get it.

Add your comment to this topic!