Page updated on 12-12-2017

remote starter

Racincc85
07-30-2004, 07:55 PM
I've got a 90 lesabre that i want to install a remote starter on. I bought a crimestopper cool start remote starter with keyless entry and alarm and need a wiring diagram or description of the wiring i need to hook it to as i have no clue what is what under the dash. any help is appreciated!!!!

jgeorg
07-31-2004, 08:47 PM
I did the same with the exception of an alarm. The unit is from JBS called Bulldog. They had a website that had the info you're looking for. I would guess that the manufacturer of your unit might have the same. You also might want to inquire if they have an adapter that will save you time and hardship. JBS claimed that their adapter would cut the installation time in half. And it did! A Haynes manual wouldn't hurt either. It's well worth the investment if you plan on doing any future work yourself.

ponchonutty
08-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Well, I give you both the best of luck with those brands. Goto www.bulldogsecurity.com and look up your cars info on their site.

jgeorg
08-01-2004, 10:00 PM
I can't comment on the crimestopper but the JBS unit is an inexpensive and reliable unit that worked flawlessly in our Canadian winter, eh. Considering the age of the car, I wouldn't dump a load of money into expensive accessaries.

cyntax01
08-03-2004, 04:18 AM
I also installed the JBS unit in my 92 lesabre and it works flawlessly also. I also purchased the harness and i am glad that I did because it seriously cut the install time in half. Every wire was easy to find, except for the fact that I'm still searching for the dome light wire ;-) gave up eventually, but everything else works fine.

Only problem I had was finding a place for the unit. There aren't many good places to mount the control module.

Some advice though - you'll need a lot of patience. It can get very frustrating splicing wires and twisting and contorting your body so you can reach everything comfortably.

Don't forget you'll also need to buy an anti-theft (passkey) bypass (or disable it yourself using $3 in parts from radioshack, which is what I did)

Add your comment to this topic!