Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

better setup for Integra. ( DC2)

flipk
07-30-2004, 06:20 AM
what is a better setup for a "DC2" Integra?

GSR with turbo, LS with turbo, or LS/VTEC with turbo? i also heard that LS block (B18B1) with GSR head is also good for turboing. is this true? post your advice.

civickiller
07-30-2004, 04:22 PM
i would go with a gsr turbo if it were me

94tegRS
07-30-2004, 04:45 PM
what is a better setup for a "DC2" Integra?

GSR with turbo, LS with turbo, or LS/VTEC with turbo? i also heard that LS block (B18B1) with GSR head is also good for turboing. is this true? post your advice.

a B18B1 with a GSR head would be LSVTEC.

whats better? boosted GSR, boosted LS, boosted LSVTEC, but I also heard a LSVTEC was good to boost.

:icon16:

well, I have no oppinion since ive not done either of the 3 but I did see a daily driven 5g hatch with a turbo LSVTEC, now I dont know how built it was but on slicks he was running low 11's. had full interior and all.

Rating
08-08-2004, 08:21 PM
I Love My 94 Turbo Gsr http://img39.exs.cx/img39/4961/DSCF132.jpg

WhiteLine Civic
08-08-2004, 09:00 PM
if I were you I would do LS turbo, I put a TDO5H on a friend of mines LS hatch and he put down 250hp to the wheels at 10 psi. I pust a T3/T4 on an LS del sol and he put down 280 hp to the wheels at 10 psi. DOHC vtec is fun but I wouldn't turbo them because when Vtec kicks in your going to loose boost because Vtec means the exaust valves are wide open so your turbo will be staved of exaust gasses.

94tegRS
08-08-2004, 09:33 PM
vtec doesnt leave the xhaust valves wide open if thats what your saying? if it did the engine wouldnt run, there is overlap if this is what you mean. and if the valves were wide open, it wouldnt starve the turbo of exhaust gases anyways, theyd be wide open and still giving the turbo what it needs to spin. I will bet if you bost a LS to 10 pounds, then leave EVERYTHING the same except bolt a GSR head to the LS blcok and run same boost and all the VTEC will win.

civickiller
08-09-2004, 01:11 AM
whiteline, do you have any idea on how vtec works ? a gsr motor will make more power then an ls, and an ls vtec will make more power then a gsr is built right. but unless the lsvtec is built right its not reliable.

if it were me id go gsr so its all stock and dont gotta worry about any kind of frankenstein build

superbluecivicsi
08-09-2004, 01:31 AM
if I were you I would do LS turbo, I put a TDO5H on a friend of mines LS hatch and he put down 250hp to the wheels at 10 psi. I pust a T3/T4 on an LS del sol and he put down 280 hp to the wheels at 10 psi. DOHC vtec is fun but I wouldn't turbo them because when Vtec kicks in your going to loose boost because Vtec means the exaust valves are wide open so your turbo will be staved of exaust gasses.

How much longer will it be boosting before he melts a piston? Doesnt matter what you boost on. DOHC, SOHC, VTEC non VTEC, B16a, B18c1, B18b, etc,etc,etc. Do it right the first time. Get some engine management at least.

Maybe when VTEC kicks in, there wont be anymore compression left :lol2:

Here ya go Whiteline, it gives you a VTEC visual.

http://www.honda-marine.com/v_vtec.htm

Add your comment to this topic!