Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A couple more questions.

GirlMeetsCar
07-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Alright. The more I talk to this guy the more I see why we are always fixing his vehicles for him.

He said that he had the Chiltons manual for the car. I am ordering the one from Mazda, but figured I could still look at it till I get mine.

I went to pick up the book. The first thing I notice.......Its the wrong book. BIG LETTERS on the front say RX-2, RX-3 and RX-4. Hmmm. I then ask if, when he changed the spark plugs, if he hooked them back up by this book. He says Yes. It was running before he changed the plugs, but not after. So I think I am safe to assume these cars have a different pattern?

Also, He said that he was told that before he starts the car, he is supposed to pour a tablespoon of Tranny Oil down the carb. Okay I have heard of doing this to non-rotary cars, but not a rotary and when I mentioned this to a friend, he told me that I might have to tear the motor down and replace the Apex9(sp?) seals. Any ideas on what kind of damage I am dealing with?

Thanks, Jessica

D3rELiC
07-29-2004, 10:52 PM
i dont think the pathern is different for older rotary. the distributor is, but the sparkplug order or anything related? i dont think.
did he mess arround with the coils igniters ?

would you sell this chiltons manual ?

GirlMeetsCar
07-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I have no idea what all he messed with. I am headed over in a few minutes to pick up the car and bring it here.

I mentioned to one of my employees that I bought the car. Turns out he used to work for a rotary shop. LOL. Guess as part of his pay, he can teach me the car.

I dont see why I wouldnt sell the book. I want the one for MY car. LOL. Jessica

Add your comment to this topic!