Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Paypal users read

spidereddie
07-29-2004, 12:51 PM
This only has to deal with modeling in that I used paypal to make my net orders from hlj all the time so I assume others do to. (sorry mods)

anyway, has anyone heard anything about this class action lawsuit? If I read it correctly, anyone who's had access to their account denied in any way in like the last year or so can recieve $50 (us) as part of a settlement.

hmmm. what do you other paypal users know/think?

stisnan
07-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah i got the same email but if we lose the case then we cant use paypal. I dont want to risk the convenience of paying for something quickly for 50 bux. Read the whole letter!

jswillmon
07-29-2004, 01:15 PM
have you had this happen to you?

spidereddie
07-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah i got the same email but if we lose the case then we cant use paypal. I dont want to risk the convenience of paying for something quickly for 50 bux. Read the whole letter!

From what I understand about law..(which is very little); In a settlement, both parties agree to 'settle' their case out of court....so their doesn't need to be a case at all. Now I wouldn't want to lose my paypal account either, but I didn't think there was a case that they or users could "lose". Hmmmm

and I've not been able to access my account on only 1 occasion. It wasn't a big deal though cause I was just checking balance.

freakray
07-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Never received an e-mail about it or otherwise.

Please provide at least a link to something about this.

Vric
07-29-2004, 04:40 PM
not everyone receive the email at the same time

I have seen this news on a forum 3 day ago, and I just received the email today

spidereddie
07-29-2004, 05:12 PM
https://www.paypal.com/settlement/

notice it's a seperate page on the actual paypal site

Mainomega
07-30-2004, 12:52 AM
To most users this doesn't apply. Just because you have paypal doesn't mean you are included in this settlement. It mainly deals with claims of illegal wire transfers or when paypal denied access to your money (not a website logging problem).

Mean_B16
07-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Sounds like I may need to look into this. Paypal closed my account becuase they said I owe them money for a part I already sent to the customer. He claimed he never got it so Paypal said I owe them $200.00
So after I mailed the part and got the money I am suppossed to send the money back also????? SCREW PAYPAL**I hope they lose!!!!

AAlmeida
07-31-2004, 12:20 PM

me neither...

stisnan
07-31-2004, 12:37 PM

Please provide at least a link to something about this.
This only applies to people that opened a PayPal account between October 1, 1999 and January 31, 2004.

Add your comment to this topic!