Wanted

LTJGWorth
07-28-2004, 09:09 PM
I have a 1984 GMC Jimmy with a 350 V8 (originally a 305) and it needs a lot of work. My mother ran the other 350 low on oil and I have started to put in a new one, but haven't found the time to finish it. It also is in severe need of a body. About the only pieces that are still good are the engine hood and removable hard-top. Does anyone know where I can pick a non-running one in fairly good shape to swap parts with? I thought it would be easier to just do a direct transplant of parts instead of looking around for the parts that I may or may not have already lost. Thanks.

scnvsleep
07-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Might wanna check ebay.

LTJGWorth
07-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Good ol' ebay!

scnvsleep
07-30-2004, 06:36 PM
It's actually a decent place to find vehicles. I almost bought a Dodge Ram Charger on ebay that was being offered for 300 bucks. It had a blown motor, but a rebuilt was only about 1300 bucks. Put in my max bid as 500 figuring for less than 2 grand I would have a decent looking truck with a new motor.

Got outbid, but its worth a shot.

One more thing...the only reason I placed the bid in the first place was because it was local. Wouldn't have been worth it if the truck had been on the east coast...

Add your comment to this topic!