Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The History of AC Cars

igor@af
07-28-2004, 06:03 PM
SUMMARY: <span style="FONT-SIZE:12pt; FONT-FAMILY:ErieLight"><font size=2>AC is the oldest British car manufacturer with continuous production since 1901.<span>&nbsp; </span>The marque has enormous prestige and an extraordinary history – seemingly more fiction than fact.</font></span><font face=ErieLight><span style="FONT-SIZE:12pt; FONT-FAMILY:ErieLight"><font size=2>&nbsp;</font><font face=ErieLight><span style="FONT-SIZE:12pt; FONT-FAMILY:ErieLight"><font size=2>The AC story is one that is truly hands across the sea for more than 40 years.<span>&nbsp; </span>Long may it continue.<span>&nbsp; </span>The AC Cobra has become an automotive icon – a legend in its own lifetime.<span>&nbsp; </span></font></span></font></span></font>

View full article (http://www.automotivearticles.com/The_History_of_AC_Cars.shtml)

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

mayaman
07-31-2004, 09:18 PM
Im very pleased that AC has received its due as the fore runner of the Shelby Cobra i would also like to add that the AC company produced another model which was a fixed head coupe called the Aceta which is virtually unknown. I as a boy some 50 years ago dreamed of owning one of these cars which i of course i never did pity all our dreams dont come true.During the 50s Britain produced many fine autos which have since dissapeared into oblivion e.g Bristol,Armstrong Sidley, and others
keep up the good work great article

motoringhack
08-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Glad you enjoyed the article. I did not forget to mention the Aceca Coupé which first appeared at the 1954 London Motor Show.

For your information, Bristol cars are still made. I'll do a small piece on them for you next week, just for being so complimentary! Anthony Matthews

Add your comment to this topic!