Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GM, Chrysler, Ford

mischa
07-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Right now I am a college student who is going to be looking for another job once i get my car. would it help to get a job at a GM dealership if i was to say, get a Buick, or a Chrysler dealership if i was to get a Plymouth?

Do these 3 companies still make parts for their muscle cars?

MagicRat
07-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Generally the dealerships work with newer cars. It's not common for a car old enough to be out-of-warranty to be serviced at a dealership.

Also, generally dealerships rarely have muscle car parts unless they were widely used on lots of other, newer cars, like oil filters.
Even then, parts prices are higher than at other parts places. Also, employees don't get enough of a discount to make it worthwhile.

mischa
07-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Well, right now i work at HOnda, and get very good discounts on parts for my NEW honda. BUT, Mercedes still stocks parts for early early mercedes models. so, if you needed a sun visor for your 1963 230SL, you would probably be able to get it at a Mercedes Benz dealership.

71Cnet
07-30-2004, 04:08 PM
dodge dealers can order, and sometimes stock, mopar performance parts. i can accually gat more parts for my 71 dodge coronet then my 87 dodge daytona. im not sure about gm or ford. but you can easily get most gm or ford parts at most speed shops. on the other hand speed shops dont usually stock mopar parts. either way good luck and have fun with what ever you buy.

Add your comment to this topic!