Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

at wits end - Need Help!

fast.asleep
07-28-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm having an unusual amount of trouble trying to find the ALDL connector on my 1992 Rodeo. I have owned other cars with that type of OBD I connection and the location was always obvious.
The Haynes manual I bought says it is "on the drivers side, under the instrument cluster to the left of the center console" but I can't see it (even after I removed the kick pannel).
Do I have to remove the dash to get to it???

I don't seem to be the only one with this problem PLEASE HELP!!

W

2eyefishclaw
07-28-2004, 08:34 PM
behind drivers side kick panel

desmarkus
07-29-2004, 08:09 AM
as a note:

I'm pretty sure you have to take the panel all the way off to get at it.

fast.asleep
07-29-2004, 10:55 AM
behind drivers side kick panel

I had the panel off but I didn't see it. Is it behind the ECM or am I just blind?

BTW: it was a black plug in other GM's I had. Is this one black as well?

thnx

desmarkus
07-29-2004, 12:29 PM
if you've got the panel off it shouldn't be hard to see. Unless somone along the way messed with it, who knows! :screwy:

I think on my 1992 the plug was white but I can't rember I haven't tried to check my codes for a while.

2eyefishclaw
07-29-2004, 08:04 PM
white 3 terminal connector wrapped in clear plastic unless someone has already removed it by the way do you have a scanner TECH 1 if not look for the two wires with spades on them one female and one mmale when you find them pulg them together then turn on your ignition codes will flash out first you will see 12-12-12 then your trouble codes will be flashed

Add your comment to this topic!