Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need some info on acuras

threefromthekey
07-28-2004, 12:08 AM
im looking at a used 01 integra gs-r for about 15k...it has leather seats, black, moonroom, cd player, etc...
do oyu all think this is a good deal, and is the integra a pretty good bet as far as gas economy and reliability

or should i just say screw the integra and pick up a different car for about 15K...comments, suggestions?

baileypicks24
07-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Owned a 01 Integra myself and they are one of the most reliable vehicles out there on the road I could guarantee it. As far as economy, a GSR will require 93 octane as mar as I remember so it might cost you a pretty penny at the gas pump. However, the way the b-series motor is engineered, they develop their power at the hgiher end of the powerband (in other words shes torqueless). Therefore if you keep it below, ohhh say 3.5k the Teg is no doubt a fuel efficient car.

How many miels are on this Teg? You can probably do MUCH better than 15k. I've seen Type ARRRS for around $16k.

Other cars? What ccother car can you get with similar performance and reliability for just above 10k? Not many...

threefromthekey
07-28-2004, 05:10 PM
ok heres the basic layout of what im looking at

black '01 integra gs-r

has spoiler, cd player, power windows,locks,seats, i think leather interior

about 55K miles...somethin like that
the guy told me he wants 16k for it but i told him that was too high so he brought it down...any suggestions as far as a good price is concerned?

also, if the gs-r uses expensive fuel, would it be a good idea to go with a lower performance type of integra?

baileypicks24
07-29-2004, 01:17 AM
ok heres the basic layout of what im looking at

also, if the gs-r uses expensive fuel, would it be a good idea to go with a lower performance type of integra?

THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION IS YOU. And the only way you CAN answer that question is try test driving a LS/GS and seeing if you're happy with the performance. And alotta people are (like I was). Shit...turbo a LS motor and youre runnin with WRX and maybe even better....

16k sounds steep. I found a 50k mile black 00 GSR for $12,800

Keep searching...dont pay 16 grand for a 50k mile GSR...shit

threefromthekey
07-29-2004, 10:25 AM
yea 16k sounded a little cheap to me, it was kinda crappy too, the first guy i talked to said it was selling for 13900 and then another guy comes runnin around the corner right then saying it was actually goin for 16k i was like this is some bullshit...
either way, im gonna try to get him down or go with the less expensive model

THE4TH
08-01-2004, 05:37 PM
The gsr is one of the finest car models out there. It's a fine twist between economy and performance. As a stock car it's one of the nicest rides and certainly fast enough to get in trouble with. The specifics that you are talking about should lead to a lower price. But overall, the gsr is an awesome car.

VladSC
08-26-2004, 08:54 PM
i have had 3 integras. Intergas are great cars, they give you problem free driving, and great resale value when you go to trade it in.

CaTasHtRoPhE 67
08-26-2004, 10:10 PM
Intergas are great cars there made buy honda and honda makes great cars so your gonna get a great car there

lancerboy
08-26-2004, 11:27 PM
My friend has an integra and he beats it attempting to drift and what not. So far it has been a solid car. I recommend it.

Add your comment to this topic!