new 98 Sentra owner...need advice on upgrades

CuseMoose
07-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Hey, first time posting...but this looked like the right place to go. Recently bought a 98 Sentra SE and I'm looking to upgrade it. I've just purchased a new air intake(from NISMO) and I've already upgraded the sound system. Planning on upgrading rims and wheels at a later date. What I really need is advice on what to look for in an exhaust system. Really looking to boost my HPs. Post here if you think you can help me out.

blusir2k
03-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah....I'm wondering what is the best size to upgrade to on my 92 nissan sentra without it rubbing on major parts like for example the struts.

HLBulldog
03-14-2005, 12:28 AM
It depends on the application, if your 92 is a turbo larger diameter is better (3"), if not a 2.25-3" is a good size. Just look ahead so you don't end up changing your exhaust setup more than you have to. Try to stay away from pacesetter, especially their headers, they're a pain to install. Stromung makes a high quality exhaust if you can find one/ afford it. Greddy also makes a good one, you can find it at Nopi (http://www.nopi.com). Or, probably the best route, and cheapest, find a header, muffler, cat, and have a trustworthy muffler shop take care of the piping. Hotshot headers are probably the best, magnaflow, makes some decent cats, just shop around. Just remember if the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Good luck, I hope this helps, visit http://www.nissanforums.com, a lot of people w/ the same cars as you that can really help you out.

slideways...
03-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey, first time posting...but this looked like the right place to go. Recently bought a 98 Sentra SE and I'm looking to upgrade it. I've just purchased a new air intake(from NISMO) and I've already upgraded the sound system. Planning on upgrading rims and wheels at a later date. What I really need is advice on what to look for in an exhaust system. Really looking to boost my HPs. Post here if you think you can help me out.

go with everything hotshot has for your car, plus jimwolftechnology and courtesynissan should have some stuff. exhaust is kind of hard to find but i used a universal muff welded onto 2.5" piping from the corner muffler shop. its kinda cheap but at least its not crush bent and it gave me some top end also

JerodKing
03-20-2005, 11:55 PM
It depends on the application, if your 92 is a turbo larger diameter is better (3"), if not a 2.25-3" is a good size. Just look ahead so you don't end up changing your exhaust setup more than you have to. Try to stay away from pacesetter, especially their headers, they're a pain to install. Stromung makes a high quality exhaust if you can find one/ afford it. Greddy also makes a good one, you can find it at Nopi (http://www.nopi.com). Or, probably the best route, and cheapest, find a header, muffler, cat, and have a trustworthy muffler shop take care of the piping. Hotshot headers are probably the best, magnaflow, makes some decent cats, just shop around. Just remember if the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Good luck, I hope this helps, visit http://www.nissanforums.com, a lot of people w/ the same cars as you that can really help you out.

Good call on the nissanforums site, I belong there too and it has been a great help. But I have to correct you on the exhaust size. Anything above a 2" on a N/A is going to cost you horsepower, it has been dyno proven. Go to your local muffler shop and ask for a 2 inch mandrel bend exhaust, it will be your best bet if you don't want to spend big bucks. Another easy upgrade is unorthadox racing lightweight pulleys, they are good for about 3-4HP. Another great site is www.sentra.net. If you go to Kojima's Garage he has great information on alot of different topics. Good luck and go with a nice set of lightweight 15 inch rims, they will look good and save a few horsepower.

HLBulldog
04-01-2005, 11:45 PM
^ yea, you're right, I guess I was thinking about my other vehicle, it's a 89 toyota pickup w/ V6, slightly bigger exhaust, I just had it done, sorry for the miss information.

Add your comment to this topic!