Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I want to put a sound System in D/C Tundra

djleo
07-27-2004, 03:47 PM
I Just Baught A New 04 Tundra And Want To Put A Nice Sound System. I Have Seen The Subs Under The Back Seats But Dont Know If Its Only The Access Cab. I Have Also Looked For The Measurements Off All The Speakers But I Cant Find Anywhere. Need Alot Of Help Please I Really Want To Put A Sub And Better Speakers Any Suggestions???????

carbap82
07-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Try looking at crutchfield. They have all speaker sizes and everything you need to know about installing a system. Hope this helps.

TrunkSlammer
08-06-2004, 09:53 PM
How would you go about putting a sub in, I mean where is it going to plug in at ?

Is there a port on stock head unit?

Do I need a AMP?

carbap82
08-07-2004, 03:12 PM
First off, when putting a sub in, you need to determin the type of sound you want ti to produce. There are different types of subs out ther for different sounds. You have the potded boxes which are typically produce the most bd and used for sound compititions, the sealled box (my prefrence) is por tight responsive base and then you have free air which would be used say like on a back deck of a car. The free air sub is the least popular. As far as adding an amp, it is a must. The stock unit does not have the amount of power need to power a sub, much less make it sound good. Some subs need 600 Watts just to even work. You can find a good 10-12" sub for about $150-200 not including an amp. The amp is one thing you dond want to go cheap on. A good amp with a cheap sub will sound better than a good sub with cheap amp.
I do not own a tundra so I dont know if you can hook an amp up to the stock unit. Best thing to do is to tak eit out an look for a pre-amp out put. It will look just like an RCA jack.
Hope this bit helps. If you would like to talk off this forum, email me at pelton_b@hotmail.com.

carbap82
08-07-2004, 03:13 PM
ported, not potded. Sorry

ToyTundra
08-07-2004, 04:53 PM
No preamp outs on an 01 stereo so i doubt on an 04. Buy a Line out Converter (LOC) which converts speaker level to line level so it can be plugged into the RCA's of any amp. You will need to find some speaker wires to use for a signal.
http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm look at the N-85

InLime42
01-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I have a 2002 Tundra which is the same configuration as your 2004. With the help of a friend who was a professional installer, we installed the following stealth system:

Front Speakers: 6 1/2" Diamond components:
- ONLY 2 1/8" DEPTH for woofers
- you can use the stock tweeter grill
- with a little cutting of plastic in the door, the crossovers
can be installed directly inside the door.
- use dampening material to cover entire door section
- I would recommend going with 5 1/4 speakers to eliminate
customizing the fit.

Back Speakers: 6" MB Quart component woofers (perfect fit)
- installation depth around 5"
- use dampening material to cover entire door section

Subs:
- QLogic 2 8s" enclosure with MTX or Rockfords under the back
seat.
Amps: 2 (1 under each front seat)

Reciever: Stock AMFM 5 CD changer
Sounds great!

Add your comment to this topic!