Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question about head and tail lights

Thing-A-Majig
02-01-2002, 12:24 AM
i was wondering if any of you have tried puttung a few coats of clear paint on your cars after the lights are on. do you think it would make the lenses appear to fit smoother and look shinier after ive polished them?... just a thought:)

Thing-A-Majig
02-01-2002, 07:58 PM
does this mean no one has any answers or comments to make? :( *throws a hissy fit , and cries like a lost little girl*

Jay!
02-01-2002, 08:07 PM
LOL. I clear coat and polish my car bodies before any details go on, so I haven't tried it that way. Sorry. :right:

hirofkd
02-01-2002, 08:09 PM
It's a common practice in 1/43 resin kit to add clear coat after clear parts are glued to minimize the gap along the seam. It should work in a large injection kit, but the surface to polish is larger.

Thing-A-Majig
02-01-2002, 09:23 PM
hmmmmmm *thinking* thanks guys.... i think ill just stick to doing things the regular way with my lenses. i dont want to be polishing the lenses then have them pop off :rolleyes: . that would be sad :( so i think ill save myself the heart ache and just scrap my plan

Guiddy
02-04-2002, 05:44 AM
Look at the rear lights on my R33 Skyline in the gallery. That was done with just such a method. No problems! And my WRC Subaru. I often place the lenses into the body before lacquer as they fit better! Once lacquered the tolerance is often too tight for the lens to fit!

Add your comment to this topic!