Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Oil on Spark Plug #3 - 1999 Sephia

KIAPWR
07-26-2004, 08:34 PM
While replacing my spark plugs - I noticed a whole lotta oil on #3. It wasn't just the top or bottom - the entire spark plug was covered with oil and was actually dripping. :eek7: I'm thinking maybe the gasket has a leak which is causing so much oil to cover the entire plug, but not really sure. Fingers crossed that it's not a crack. I've got 92k miles on her and this is only the second time that the plugs got replaced. Would have been longer if I wouldn't have gotten fancy and tried to wash the engine off - only getting a bunch of water all over the plugs. :nono: They don't run well when they're wet.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed any oil on their spark plugs at all and could give me a little insite. I ran a search but it came up empty.

Thanks.

SupaMan89T
10-02-2004, 02:57 AM
While replacing my spark plugs - I noticed a whole lotta oil on #3. It wasn't just the top or bottom - the entire spark plug was covered with oil and was actually dripping. :eek7: I'm thinking maybe the gasket has a leak which is causing so much oil to cover the entire plug, but not really sure. Fingers crossed that it's not a crack. I've got 92k miles on her and this is only the second time that the plugs got replaced. Would have been longer if I wouldn't have gotten fancy and tried to wash the engine off - only getting a bunch of water all over the plugs. :nono: They don't run well when they're wet.

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed any oil on their spark plugs at all and could give me a little insite. I ran a search but it came up empty.

Thanks.
On my aunts car the valve cover gasket blew out and was leaking oil down into the spark plug chamber

kyle95g20
10-17-2004, 02:50 AM
common thing to happen. go get a new valve cover gasket and a tube of silicone engine goo.

sportages rios, and sephia/spectras do this as that gasket breaks down.

chiefkyle
11-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Mine is doing the same thing. I am 100% sure it is the valve cover gasket seal.

Add your comment to this topic!