Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

abs

anthony90si
07-26-2004, 08:05 PM
how can i tell if my parts car(a teg) has abs. its a 92.

GTA
07-26-2004, 08:09 PM
moved to integra forum.

integralover
07-26-2004, 08:38 PM
go turn your key to the on position. when the gauges lite up you will see and abs gauge. if there isn't one then you don't have it. it will lite up and then go out so look quick. and knowing what kind of integra you have would also help.

pinkfloyddreamer
07-27-2004, 09:42 PM
youll know you have abs if youve ever had to slam on the pedal hard and felt the pedal pushing back as opposed to it staying down and having the car slide, its almost impossible to completely slide with abs installed

knorwj
07-28-2004, 01:22 AM
umm why not check under the hood? if you have two brake resevoirs you have abs (one one driver side one on passenger side) passenger side is ABS.

edit: here's a crappy picture (sorry for quality)

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/68508abs.jpg

knorwj
07-28-2004, 01:54 AM
youll know you have abs if youve ever had to slam on the pedal hard and felt the pedal pushing back as opposed to it staying down and having the car slide, its almost impossible to completely slide with abs installed

impossible my ass, you can slam on the brakes and slide any car depending on how hard you brake.
and the pedal feels no differently, the only difference is that the abs "pumps" the brakes for you, but pedal doesn't move or "push back" as you say.

Add your comment to this topic!