Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best One

lucamabob
07-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Looking for a supercharger for a 1999 Civic Si im building up. I want to know what is the BEST supercharger kit i can get for my Si?

boosted331
07-25-2004, 11:55 PM
supercharger

n : compressor that forces increased oxygen into the cylinders of an internal-combustion engine

turbosupercharger

n : A supercharger that uses an exhaust-driven turbine to maintain air-intake pressure especially in high-altitude aircraft. Also called turbocharger.

Since a turbocharger technically = supercharger, the best supercharger kit you can buy for your SI would be a turbocharger kit.

JRSC's don't provide enough expandability or top end power, vortechs suck for low end power and are basically an inferior model of a turbocharger.

Cro
07-26-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm thinking he means an actual supercharger...you know...a belt driven one. Might call it a blower.

civickiller
07-26-2004, 04:22 AM
theres jrsc and vortech. vortech is upgradable and jrsc you can run about 10psi

boosted331
07-26-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm thinking he means an actual supercharger...you know...a belt driven one. Might call it a blower.

Heard of a smart ass reply?

My point was that superchargers are just plain silly on hondas. If you have a daily driven car and want to bolt something simple on for a decent, broad power curve, go with a JRSC. If you want to build a really high horsepower car some people say go with vortech, but a vortech is essentially a belt driven turbocharger. So then you basically have a turbo that gives you no low end power, something that is a pain in the ass to install compared to a turbo, it's more difficult to change boost, and you make less power per pound of boost.

Add your comment to this topic!