Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SO MANY QUESTIONS Trecel 95

LMLAngel2002
07-25-2004, 04:20 PM
:feedback: PRETTY PWEASE !!!!!:(
I have two things I need help with. The first question I have may have already been asked, but I haven't had time to read all the fourums yet.. but I'm working on it.

Question 1: I have a toyota trecel 95, got it from my dad back in oct and ever since I've had it the check engine light has been on. I've taken it to autozone and had them hook it up to their computer, which informed me that it was low fuel injection. So I bought some fuel injector fluid and not 10 min the light was back on.. I waited a week or so thinking that it just had to run its course through my car and still no results. I had then taken the car to my mother's, husban's friend who works for a chevy compy and does all their mechanical work. He also had a computer which he hooked the car up to and it told him the same thing. So he flushed out my hose and two days later.. the check engine light is back on. I have the oil changed regularly, I try to take care of the car even for what little I know about them.. but I am becoming very frustrated with this little light.... I've hear that it might be a co2 sensor...or maybe it's something else.. any ideas :banghead: :cya: ANYONE....PLEASE??????
Question 2: I also had someone back into my car on the front passenger side( at least this is what it looks like happen) and the side panel where my head light is, is bent in and scratched up a little bit, and the turning signal was ripped out but still works so I've been using clear packing tape to hold it on.. any cheap idea on how to fix it. Still don't have any clue who did this so it looks like I have to pay for it myself. :(

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread :) :feedback:

jimmy[the]gent
08-15-2004, 08:05 PM
sucks to be you....

to make your car look better atleast i would change the fender and depending on damage maybe the bumper too you can probly find all these things at the junk yard and while your there get the light thingy that got broke

toy tech
08-15-2004, 10:08 PM
i have not heard of code for low fuel injection
but if the car has over 70000 it could be the
o2 sensor

LMLAngel2002
08-16-2004, 06:15 PM
The car has only got 45,000 on it and it only had 25,000 when I got it and the light has been on since then... :( *sighs* but thanks for the help all the same :)

excalvwbora
09-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Get a diode and see if the injectors are getting current, make sure its pulsating.
Does the car sputter?
Or it could be as easy as the fuel filter, or the pressure regulator(its at the end of the fuel rail).

LMLAngel2002
09-05-2004, 02:49 PM
thanks I will try that and update you.. thanks again :-D

dillard
09-20-2004, 08:03 PM
What other symptoms is your car having? Does it hesitate or sputter? A simple problem could be the pcv valve.

LMLAngel2002
09-20-2004, 11:42 PM
when I am between the speeds of 45 and 50 it slightly hesitates in a jerky motion but once I drop or increase speed even within 5mph it will return to being smooth. other than that nothing really just this darn light that's bright orange staring me blankly inthe face every single day *LOL* just a lot of worry I guess..

misnet
05-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Here's my 2 cents regarding the engine light issue. My Tercel's engine light came on about two years ago. I asked a couple of mechanics and searched the web for answers. Came up with the usual, o2 sensor problem and even car computer malfunction. I planned on taking it to be checked by computer in the weekend, but I found on an forum a post indication that even worn out sparkplugs could trigger the engine light.

I gave it a shot since I had a few days before taking it to the shop. I changed the sparkplugs and the light stayed on. But also in the that post it read that after the fix it would take a while for the light to turn off.

I know! It sounds more like voodoo science than mechanics, but It did work. The engine light turned off about 4 days later and it hasn't lit up since.

I don't know it this will work for you or others, but jus thought I mention it just in case.

maykelcj
06-01-2005, 09:22 AM
when I am between the speeds of 45 and 50 it slightly hesitates in a jerky motion but once I drop or increase speed even within 5mph it will return to being smooth. other than that nothing really just this darn light that's bright orange staring me blankly inthe face every single day *LOL* just a lot of worry I guess..

mine does the same thing....

Add your comment to this topic!