RB20DE to RB20DET cam transplant

Nizam Abdool
07-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Good Day Gentlemen,
I realize we have discussed this subject in a previous thread. The jist of which was that the RB20DE cams had the same lift but longer duration and can be installed into the RB20DET with some adjustment to cam gear settings. I have an upgraded turbo, ECU, Intercooler, BOV. Could you point me in the correct direction for retard / advance settings for the intake and exhaust cam gears.
If anyone has done this then Dynoed; what were the gains like and in what rpm range?

Thank You

RazorGTR
08-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Good Day Gentlemen,
I realize we have discussed this subject in a previous thread. The jist of which was that the RB20DE cams had the same lift but longer duration and can be installed into the RB20DET with some adjustment to cam gear settings. I have an upgraded turbo, ECU, Intercooler, BOV. Could you point me in the correct direction for retard / advance settings for the intake and exhaust cam gears.
If anyone has done this then Dynoed; what were the gains like and in what rpm range?

Thank You

It really isn't advisable as turbo cars just don't like that type of duration to lift ratio. Not sure where to point you for this other than off the shelf japanese cams such as HKS, Trust, etc.

Add your comment to this topic!