Page updated on 10-24-2017

Heater Air Conditioning Control Panel 1993 Buick LeSabre

jellis86
07-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Hello all,
I have a 1993 Buick LeSabre. The heater/AC controls are starting to malfunction. It is not digital... the push buttons though are electronic, soft-touch type, non mechanical. The problem I am having is that after starting the car the control is usually in the defrost mode, although at times it is on either defog, defrost, and rarely, off. Pushing other buttons has no effect until after driving for a period of time. The time varies and is getting worse. Also, it will usually run the AC compressor all the time until it starts to operate normally. My question is; Is the brain for these controls within the heater controller itself or somewhere else in the electrical system? In other words, if I change out the heater/AC control panel, will/should that fix the problem?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

dgonzal
10-20-2004, 01:24 PM
I had the same problem and replaced the control panel with a used one (new one cost around $500) and still have the same problem.

jellis86
10-20-2004, 04:57 PM
I replaced the control panel with a used one and it fixed the problem. I guess it just depends. I got lucky!

Add your comment to this topic!