95 Jimmy no acceleration plus ABS light

lbuzogany
07-24-2004, 03:42 PM
95 Jimmy starts and runs smooth but has extremely poor acceleration. Scantool shows no codes but fuel trim indicates engine running ~7% rich? Sounds like its running lean from possible knocking? Fuel Pressure ok. Replaced O2 sensor. Catalytic converter replaced 1 1/2 years ago. New exhaust.
Also my ABS light is on but I can't read any codes. Recently replaced all brake pads rotors, shoes and drums and bled system. Local repair shop comes up with some weird code that they can't figure out.
Next step is to take it to the dealer...

GMMerlin
07-25-2004, 07:46 AM
you may have a converter going bad and stopping up..you will need to perform a exhaust backpressure test to confirm that.
As far as the ABS light..did they tell you the code?

lbuzogany
07-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Thanks for your help. I had the converter replaced about a year and a half ago.
I'll try to get the code from the repair shop since my scan program, from obd-2.com can't seem to read it.

GMMerlin
07-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Eventhough you had the converter replaced a year ago doesn't mean it hasn't gone bad.

lbuzogany
07-27-2004, 05:47 PM
The brake code from the repair shop was 1821. Using my scantool I got the following codes, P199E, U3F00, P1169, and P116D. The descriptions were not very informative.
Going back to the converter issue. I removed my diverter valve on the top of my intake manifold and the inside was wet and smelled of gas. Could my CPI unit be leaking, causing an rich condition which is hurting my performance and eventually clogging my converter for the second time?

coronaroma
11-24-2004, 02:21 AM
try replaceing your throttle postion sensor

rlith
11-24-2004, 08:06 AM
The brake code from the repair shop was 1821. Using my scantool I got the following codes, P199E, U3F00, P1169, and P116D. The descriptions were not very informative.
Going back to the converter issue. I removed my diverter valve on the top of my intake manifold and the inside was wet and smelled of gas. Could my CPI unit be leaking, causing an rich condition which is hurting my performance and eventually clogging my converter for the second time?

Your ABS code is for your front right wheel sensor. It's either disconnected or bad. Either way it shows an open circuit. Check the leads..

I don't recognize p199e or u3f00 (mem locations?) Here is what I can give you though..

p0199 Engine Oil Temp Sensor Intermittent... (Replace)

P1169 48 Primary Heated Oxygen Sensor

(all p116 are o2 sensor related)

Hope that helps some

Add your comment to this topic!