Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Delco Radio/Stereo problem

Stayned
07-24-2004, 01:38 PM
I recently purchased a 2000 Tahoe Limited SS from a dealer and everything works as if it were brand new, until yesterday my radio just stopped working. I've checked all the fuses and connections and everything. I was wondering if there was a fuse inside the radio itself or if its just the 2 in the fuse box inside the driver's door. The stereo turns on and all, just no music comes out the speakers. All the buttons light up, the time is displayed just no sound. It doesn't wokr in stereo or CD mode. can someone please help...Thanks

jimmitchell90
07-30-2004, 09:02 PM
The stereo does have a fuse in the rear of the deck. The delco stereo have small amps to make the speakers more powerful. If the fuse in the fuse box in not burned out then definitely pull the stereo out and check the stereo. I have a 99 Tahoe Z71

Stayned
08-03-2004, 01:16 AM
I removed my radio but i cannot seem to locate the fuse, so I don't know if our radios are different or what but i can't find one, where exactly is it located?

Stayned
08-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Well i found out what the prob was, its the internal amp on the radio itself, it was blown, how it happend i don't know but a new head unit fixed it. thanx for your help guys.

Add your comment to this topic!