Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 accord motor cuts off

debra
07-22-2004, 10:24 PM
need help have a 99 honda accord and engine light came on and did a reset because thought it was due to loose gas cap but car has died several times a few going at highway speed.. the car is not running rough.. it has 90k + and runs like new and all with no warning motor will cut off.. engine light on help!!!

Meena7
08-13-2004, 11:21 AM
need help have a 99 honda accord and engine light came on and did a reset because thought it was due to loose gas cap but car has died several times a few going at highway speed.. the car is not running rough.. it has 90k + and runs like new and all with no warning motor will cut off.. engine light on help!!!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! SAME YEAR SAME MAKE AND MODEL.. the car runs great and it gives no warning..then it just shuts off.. I think it's an electrical problem.. the "take out key green light" comes on when it does this... PLEASE HELP US!!!

phantastic1
09-01-2004, 02:23 PM
i believe there is a recall on the ignition. may want to contact your dealer about that and ask about an ignition recall and give them your vin# to see if your vehicle is in that recall.

Add your comment to this topic!