Lowering Springs and R32 1st ride.

pclspeed
07-22-2004, 10:15 PM
I just drove my 92 R32 GTS-Type M for the first time. Man, what a machine. I've had cars i thought were fast before (mustang GT, Civic with NOS, Z28, GTO) but WOW. Nissan knows what they are doing!!!
I'm not some 17 year old easily impressed with anything that spins the tires, I'm 32 and have had many cars.
There is something about these cars that draws people to them. They are simply amazing for the money.

Anyway, I'd like to lower the car with springs. I'm aware that HKS and others make springs for them but I'd like to know from someone that preferably owns one of these cars, where in the USA did they get their springs and how much was paid and how the car rides. Does anyone know if all R32's come with the auto spoiler in front? Thats pretty cool.
I'm ordering another car too, in case i break this one.

PCL Speed

1995_eclipse
08-28-2004, 03:00 PM
I would also like to post a question here, unlike you i am a 16 kid in canada and I got a 1989 skyline R32 gts-t type M and I was wondering how could a car with a straight 6 engian only displace 2.0L when my moms PT cruiser is a straight 4 and it displaces 2.4L?

pclspeed
08-28-2004, 08:54 PM
I am not a mechanic but I have seen the R32 Motor stripped down. The Straight six has a REALLY short stroke which is why the displacement is so low. The block is about 2/3rds the depth of a conventiaonal 4 cylinder.

1995_eclipse
08-29-2004, 10:28 PM
So having such a short stroke will be good for tourqe right?

tazdev
08-30-2004, 12:57 AM
The capacity of an engine comes as much from the bore and stroke of the engine as the number of cylinders so it is quite easy to have a larger capacity in a "smaller" engine

SkylineUSA
08-30-2004, 01:50 AM
So having such a short stroke will be good for tourqe right?

A short stroke is no good for torque, its good for high rpms. Think of it like a hammer, to get more torque to drive the nail in the wood, you hold the hammer farther down the handle, same principle for an engine:)

The RB series are not good for torque at all, but the are great for high turning horse power.

1995_eclipse
08-30-2004, 06:01 PM
K, thanks

Add your comment to this topic!