Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hey evryone!!

garethpitt15
07-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Hey everyone!!
My names Gareth and im 15 years of age
Ive been drawing cars for about half a year now and i'm still not very good. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any points on how to draw cars!! thanks
Gareth

Ra_15
07-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Go to the tutorial section near the top of the page labbled 'important', it has quite a few which should help, including one by me ;). Also, post your cars, then we can give them crit. Welcome to AF btw.

mike@af
07-22-2004, 03:35 PM
...Ive been drawing cars for about half a year now and i'm still not very good...

Practice, practice, practice. I have been drawing cars from as long as I can rember (at least 12years) and I am still learning, and improving. When you post a drawing and people criticize it, do not shoot the crits away and feel bad, be open to the crits and use those as tools to make your drawings better.

bonzelite
07-23-2004, 01:19 AM
gare, you must post a sketch or drawing when you are ready. and that time is only a time you know. because you have joined the forum makes a statement. it is time for you now. you must go to the next level:

you must begin observing the world. the world of cars. metal. glass. the sky. shadows. you must teach yourself to see all over again. things are not what they seem. they are what they are. drawing a car will sober you up to brutal reality.

you will see what i mean when you begin posting some things here. you will have an awakening. you are about to begin a painful journey where you put yourself and your pride on the line.

you must overcome fear of embarrassment. you must overcome fear of your inadequacies. you must overcome being afraid. to draw is to wage war against judgementalism. it is a radical act of risk-taking.

this is part of learning to draw. do you see that? before a line is drawn, you must see these things i am saying. do you see this?

SeCrEtMoDdEr
07-23-2004, 01:45 AM
bonzelites thoughts and psych(e?) relates very much to that of a hippie.

:smokin:

Mshkttck
07-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the brotherhood of AF-dom!

Add your comment to this topic!